Friday, October 11, 2013

26 weeks 5 days... entering the 3rd trimester

Well we've made it to the 3rd trimester!!! I couldn't be happier!

We got to have an ultrasound this last week and got some great shots of baby! He had his eyes open at one point, was chewing on his fingers, and trying to pull his feet up to his mouth. He is perfect!




I've realllllllly been missing my friend Jeff this week. He passed away a few months ago but I know he is watching over us. He would have loved all this and there's been so many times I've wanted to pick up the phone lately to call him or run out to his house for a hug. Whenever I've gone through a rough time or had amazing blessings and excitement to share he was the first one I called. He always knew the right thing to say and he would have been an amazing Uncle Jeff.. we miss you terribly my friend. 


The home health saga continues.. we've got boxes of medical supplies and an IV pole as living room furniture now. LOL I'm still getting IV zofran every 6 hours around the clock as well as oral medications to combat the nausea and vomiting and IV fluids to help with the dehydration. I'm so grateful.


Here's Eric giving me Zofran in my IV along with some fluids. He's become a nurse LOL



Here's the obligatory belly shot for today :) 

My favorite Facebook post this week: 
Had an awesome freak show going on last night... of course the minute I lay down to go to bed is when baby gets super active LOL he was going nuts and was moving around and my belly was moving and it was way more pronounced and obvious to me now that those were body parts moving under my skin LOL it was like watching him moving around under a taut sheet this time. Kinda reminded me of an alien movie... except cuter.

 How far along? 
26 weeks 5 days! Here we are 3rd trimester!

How big is Baby? 
estimated to be around 2 pounds and about 14-15 inches long

Weight Gain? 
I GAINED!!!! yay! (that's a good thing LOL) I'm up 3 pounds!

Maternity Clothes? 
found a cute top to wear to my baby shower next month and I'm finally filling out the belly on the maternity tops haha

Sleep?
depends on the night.. some nights I can't sleep at all.. then the next night I will CRASH and sleep 10 hours! no matter what I have to get up at least 5 times a night to pee LOL

Symptoms? 
barf queen extraordinaire. LOL also been getting some swelling in my ankles and my back is sore. Oh and I'm getting super into nesting this week! 

Movement? 
oh my goodness. I'm convinced that this kid is going to be a sports hero before he's 4.

Food Cravings? 
shrimp, mexican food, banana creme pie, and fritos. I swear fritos are a never ending craving.

What I miss?
not having to wrap my arm up in saran wrap to take a shower LOL 
(gotta keep the PICC line dry)

What I am looking forward to?
we get to go to Joel and Gina's wedding tomorrow!! and it's my mom's birthday! Oh and my mom and some friends have been busy working on putting together a baby shower :)
  
Best moment of the week? 
getting to see our son's face in 3D on the ultrasound! I started crying immediately.

"For this child I prayed and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him."
1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment