Monday, July 29, 2013

16 weeks! baby and I are both growing.

This week was a bit of a rough one. The nausea that I had hoped was easing up came back full force and has not been fun LOL also spent all day last Sunday in the ER getting checked out to make sure everything was ok after having a scare and being sent to ER by a nurse on call. Fortunately everything was ok and we found out baby looks fine and my placenta previa is, according to my OB, attached right AT the edge of my cervix but not across it, which means there's a good chance it'll shift position away from my cervix before delivery :)


With a swelling belly (that doesn't always 'look pregnant') come those thoughts that I still just look chubby LOL


 How far along? 
16 weeks 1 day

How big is Baby? 
He is big enough to fit in my open hand! he is about 5 inches from butt to top of head and weighs about 5 ounces. Supposedly the size of a turnip hahaha


baby can hear, sense light, and currently growing like crazy and starting to store fat


Weight Gain? 
somehow I STILL gained between 1 and 2 lbs in the last week or so, even though I've been vomiting a bunch again LOL I'm convinced it's because I feel STARVING hungry 75% of the day, even when I'm nauseated and vomiting hahaha

 Gender? 
still a BOY!

Maternity Clothes? 
nothing else fits! I am still wearing my drawstring scrub pants but they are driving me nuts because they are so uncomfortable and don't stay up LOL

Sleep?
not getting much.. between feeling nauseated at night, having to pee 5 times/night, and aching lower back and hips.. LOL


Symptoms? 
still the queen of barf.. 

Movement? 
this week I felt my first "jab"! up until now it's just been the teeniest flutters..

Food Cravings? 
pickles pickles pickles... still LOL also pretzels with nacho cheese, nectarines and apples, and skittles

What I miss?
not feeling nauseated every day LOL but I'd still do it again anyway!!! totally worth it, in fact it's the ONLY reason I can think of why I'd willingly place myself in a situation where I knew I was going to be sick everyday for months on end hahaha

What I am looking forward to?
my belly looking more 'pregnant' LOL it's starting to grow so I'm starting to feel like I 'look pregnant' but I also kinda feel like I just look chubby
  
Best moment of the week? 
feeling well enough to get out of the house to go hang out with my girlfriends for a couple hours tonight!! I didn't make it last week.. but I'm crossing my fingers for tonight!!


No comments:

Post a Comment